Charger eNews - February 14, 2017
Happy Valentines Day! Our students' smiles are just a little bit brighter today! No doubt our students are excited to share their valentines with their friends.
Did you know that CFE occasionally hosts outside schools and districts? CFES is hosting the Avon Grove Charter School this Friday to provide them with a close look at our Wonders Reading program. Avon Grove Charter is researching programs and may adopt Wonders for their own ELA instruction. Some of their staff will spend time in classrooms and interview our teachers about how we facilitate the program. Hosting other districts is always a unique opportunity to learn from others and build relationships. We hosted West Chester Area School District in 2015 when they adopted Math in Focus and have had several other small cohorts visit to learn about our Makerspace implementation. We are also hosting seven West Chester University students for a period of nine weeks to work in our classrooms as part of a Reading/ELA practicum. The students will be working primarily in 1st and 3rd grades. All of these situations help us to grow and learn from other schools, districts, and organizations and we are fortunate to have these opportunities.
• Tomorrow, February 15th is our Spring Picture Day! It seems early...but its time to "say cheese" once again!
• Attention parents of 5th grade girls! There is an exciting STEM activity coming up in March. Check out the flyer (attached) for details. Girls Exploring Tomorrow's Technology (GETT) is an annual day-long event in the spring for girls in grades 5-10 and their parents to learn about career opportunities in a broad scope of STEM related industries. The day is filled with exciting, enlightening and experiential workshops led by successful women in STEM fields.
• Friendly Reminder: Please be aware that you have access to your child's lunch purchases through the School Cafe website (https://www.schoolcafe.com/initial). Maintaining a balance in the lunchroom can be a challenge. Our lunch supervisors do their best to maintain neutrality with regard to student choice but also try to support students with a "parent's eye". We encourage healthy options first before eating snacks (chips, ice cream, etc). There is also a maximum snack purchase of two items per person per day to help support making healthy choices as well. For those who elect to purchase lunch, overseeing your child's choices is just a few clicks away through School Cafe. For more information on our district food services department, click here: http://www.ucfsd.org/food-service/index.html.
• The district is closed this coming Monday for Presidents' Day.
• Family Fun Night is Friday, February 24rd from 6:30 to 8:00 pm - A great way to get families together for some fun and exercise in our gym! This year we are adding an organized dodge ball game in our cafeteria as well!
As always, thank you for your support!
Mr. Shawn Dutkiewicz
PTO NEWS AND NOTES
Hello Parents! The PTO is still in need of a Treasurer for the 2017/2018. Please consider helping us, this is a very important position for us! Reach out to Dana Cellucci or Kara Hyman for more information.
Family Fun Night is coming! We are adding a dodge ball game to the dance party but we need parents to help! Please consider helping us with donating 30 minutes of your time to run a fun event. Sign Up Here: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/20F0F49AEAF2AA64-family
5th Annual Family Fun Night Music Jam
Friday February 24th from 6:30-8:00 pm
Theme: Tropical Paradise
Bring your family to bask in the warmth of our glow lights and palm trees
Admission is FREE courtesy of the CFE PTO
For CFE families only. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- FOCUS EVENT - Julia Lythcott-Haims is a nationally renowned author of "How to Raise an Adult". Please join us for a presentation by Julia Lythcott-Haims on February 23rd at 7pm in the UHS auditorium. Please click here for more details and registration information. This is a free community wide event (adults).
- Jazz Along The Brandywine - February 25, 6-11pm. Click here for more info.
- UHS presents MARY POPPINS - March 16, 17, 18. Click here for more info.
Community Sports News:
- GIRLS ON THE RUN Registration starts February 6. Click here for details
- URA Softball Registration is going on now. Click here for details.
- KAU Little League Registration is going on now. Click here for details.
- Unionville Baseball Used Sports Equipment Collection. Feb 25th, 9-3pm. Help by donating your used equipment for ANYTHING sports related. Click here for details.
|15||Spring Picture Day|
|24||Family Fun Night|
Unionville-Chadds Ford School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Unionville-Chadds Ford School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe
SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation's leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.