JUNE 14, 2016
MESSAGE FROM OUR PRINCIPAL
It's hard to believe we have reached the end of a great school year! I want to sincerely thank you for your tremendous support and feedback. Our PTO, lead by Mrs. Heather Marshall and Mrs. Vivian Lee did an amazing job this year planning and facilitating our many events, as well as supporting our school goals and grant requests. THANK YOU to all of our PTO chairs, volunteers, and supporters! We are very fortunate to have such a phenomenal school community!
I hope your summer is as eventful or as relaxing as you wish!
All the best!
Shawn Dutkiewicz, CFES Principal
SAVE the dates:
- Parent Orientation and Sneak-a-Peek: Thurs. August 25th! Details and more information coming in July!
- First Day of School: Monday, August 29th 2016
- Makerspace Mingle: Saturday, September 17th. Details and ticket sales at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d4ba5a62baa8-makerspace
- Fall Festival: Friday, September 30th, 4:30 pm-6:30 pm! Lots of fun for the kids! More details to come!
MESSAGES FROM THE PTO
A GIANT THANK YOU FROM CFES PTO BOARD
A giant THANKS to all CFES parents, teachers and staff who volunteered their valuable time, energy, talents and treasures to make 2015-16 school year a great one! We especially thank all the committee chairs and homeroom parents who took charge of PTO events through out the school year. PTO could not have run so many successful events without our dedicated chairs and volunteers. We look forward to working with everyone next year to make our school great for our children. We wish you a healthy and happy summer filled with FUN.
Yearbooks are being distributed this week! If you did not order a yearbook, we have a very limited quantity available for purchase at the front office. Yearbooks are $20. First come first serve, no exceptions. If you have any questions regarding your order, please contact Vivian Fresco: firstname.lastname@example.org
MAKERSPACE MINGLE is almost sold out!
We are all excited about this fun event coming on Saturday, September 17th, 2016! Sign up now before all the seats are gone. Our Silent Auction items list is also building fast, including Walt Disney World Park Hopper passes, some new tech toys, and a private Makerspace Party! Some CFES parents have also generously donated workshops on video production; estate planning, professional organizing days, and authentic Indian cuisine! If you would like to make a donation, please contact Anna Marcotte (email@example.com). Hope to see you there!
See attached FLYER for more details!!!!
ORDER YOUR SCHOOL SUPPLIES FOR 2016/2017
The CFES PTO has contracted with the School Tool Box Company to provide your child's school supplies for next school year if you are interested. This is a great service to utilize as it saves time and is very convenient. No waiting in line or shopping around for what school supplies are needed. The teachers in each grade have determined their school supply lists for next year. The supply list is then forwarded to the School Tool Box Company. If you place an order now, your child's school supplies will be prepackaged and shipped directly to your home. Click HERE for the order form.
SUMMER READING SUGGESTIONS FROM OUR LIBRARIAN:
- Check out the Summer Reading List of suggested picture books, chapter books and notable authors under Announcements on the CFES webpage.
- Students in grades 4 and 5 will be eligible to participate in Reading Olympics in the fall. Check out the reading list for the 2017 event for some great reading recommendations. Middle school list available also. http://readingolympics.cciu.org/index.php/get-involved/book-lists/
- The Rachel Cole Library will be kicking off their summer reading program on June 20. http://www.kohllibrary.org
- The local libraries in the Chester County Library System are also offering summer reading incentives and some wonderful programming for kids.
- Barnes and Noble is sponsoring a Summer Reading Triathlon. Participants will receive a free book from the Reading Journal list upon completion. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/summer-reading/_/N-rs9
Are you looking to donate old school supplies?
For the past ten years, the Longwood Rotary club (www.longwoodrotary.com) has provided free backpacks and school supplies to low-income children in the local community. They believe that every child should start the school year with the supplies they need to be successful. They provide age-appropriate supplies for each grade including: backpacks, pencils, paper, erasers, highlighters, folders, binders, glue, glue sticks, tissues, etc.
They have just launched a partnership with the Unionville Chadds Ford School District to increase the number of children they can support. They are collecting used backpacks that your children may have outgrown or other backpacks you have that are no longer being used. They will be placing bright blue donation bins as shown here in the lobbies of all the district schools. They will also provide new white trash bags next to the bins for the last day of school when students will need something to bring home their work and other items. These bins will also be available all summer long to collect donations.
Later this summer when you are shopping for 2016-2017 they are asking you to consider buying additional supplies that are on sale. Who can resist the "loss leader" specials for 5 and 10 cents! Buy extra supplies and help less fortunate kids get off to a great start in school.
If you have any questions about this community service project please contact Jordan Gushurst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support!
Last Day of School - HALF DAY
Parent Orientation & SNEAK-A-PEEK
First Day of School 2016/17
Unionville-Chadds Ford School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Unionville-Chadds Ford School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe
SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation's leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.