HUGE THANKS to our PTO Board and all of the parents who came to last week's PTO meeting to support our grant proposals! We are very excited about moving forward with our grants and greatly appreciate the tremendous support! Our PTO is incredibly supportive of our school programming and helps to fund many of our special activities. In case you are not aware, this year so far the PTO has funded a magician, a world champion jump roper, and soon, a highly engaging and very interactive program about the life of bees. Last year, the PTO funded the visits from an author/illustrator, a magician/entertainer, the Chinese Acrobats, and several other program providers to enrich and balance our students' experience. We cannot thank you enough for your support!
We had a blast at Friday's 3rd Grade Read-A-Thon! Check out the pictures on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Chadds-Ford-Elementary-School-145264965551020/?ref=bookmarks). HUGE THANKS and KUDOS to Hoang Nguyen and Christine Condelles for their tremendous efforts planning and facilitating the event! Special thanks also goes out to: Kara Hyman for all her guidance and moral support and for donating the wonderful raffle prize of the Kindle and Amazon gift card; Mr. Judd for setting up an awesome obstacle course; Mrs. Whitman, Mrs. DeNenno and Ms. Bova along with Ms. Yackel and Mrs. Carson for their enthusiastic support and starring Oompa Loompa roles; the custodial staff for assisting with the setup and breakdown; Hendrix Orthodontics for the amazing team shirts and bags; Carolyn Barr for her help with scheduling the rooms and Jeanine McClosky for helping with paperwork and logistics throughout the 4 weeks of reading; Vivian Fresco for being our photographer; Pocopson parents for sharing many of their decorations; our third grade parents for volunteering their time and help on Friday evening; and the students themselves for reading thousands and thousands of minutes and for their amazing participation in all of the weekly activities, especially the book gift! Great job everyone!
The Great Cookie Election was yesterday! Huge thanks to our parent volunteers (Anna Marcotte, Pam Tucker, Rhea Thomas, Kara Hyman, Frances Dolce, Kristen Goodman, Leigh Heister, Vivian Lee, Jeannette Kurkewicz, Martina Jones, and Christine, Boruk) who helped out! Students received a voter's registration card, signed in at our poll location (aka our Music room), and voted in one of the actual voting stations that will be used for the real election on Tuesday. We used a Google form survey to collect and calculate the votes. On Wednesday, we will reveal the results on CFE-TV and all students will receive the winning cookie at lunch time. Fun stuff!
Please consider nominating one our great teachers for the Citadel Heart of Learning Award! Please click here to show your love of our staff: https://www.citadelbanking.com/…/ci…/heart-of-learning-form/
• Fall Conference online scheduling was launched on October 19th. An email was sent to all families and a paper letter was sent home as well. Our numbers indicate that we still have families that have not scheduled a conference as of yet. If you have not registered for your child's conference, please use the following link to access the schedules: https://www.ptcfast.com/schools/Chadds_Ford_Elementary_School
• SAVE the Date! As a result of our parent, student, and school personnel Climate Survey last year, we are bringing in the Chester County Crime Victims Center to teach our students about Internet safety and social media. In addition to our students receiving training, we are hosting a district-wide Internet Safety Parent Night on December 7th at Hillendale Elementary starting at 6:30 pm. The presentation will be provided by the Chester County Crime Victims Center. For more information: http://ucfsd-community-news.blogspot.com/2016/10/internet-safety-presentation-for-parents.html
As always, thank you for your support!
Mr. Shawn Dutkiewicz, CFES Principal
PTO NEWS AND NOTES
A big thank you to our Read a Thon chairs - Hoang Nquyen and Christina Condelles!!! The kids had a fabulous time enjoying the Willy Wonka themed event. All of your hard work paid off! Thank you also to the many parents who volunteered at the event. ...we could not have done it without you. Thanks also to the Mr. D, the third grade teachers, Mrs. Carson, and Ms. Yackel for coming out to perform at the event and for their support of the event.
We did approve enrichment grants at our November meeting. We approved enrichments for book replacements for the library, a chrome book cart, iPads, and a few trial licenses for web based Flocabulary. Thank you to all who attended and voiced their thoughts and opinions.
Upcoming events include:
- Book Fair! It starts on Monday November 14th and ends Friday November 18th. Please stay tuned for more information! A flyer is coming home this week.
- Donut Day is on Friday November 18th and starts at 7:55am.
- Please RSVP at: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/508084AA5AB2AA75-rsvp
- Please sign up to help at: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/508084AA5AB2AA75-volunteer
- NEXT PTO MEETING with be December 7th at 9:15am at CFE. We will have representatives from the district to talk about later start times and we will be nominating and voting in new board members. This should be a great meeting, please mark your calendars.
The Book Fair starts Monday, November 14 and runs through Friday, November 18th. Please consider volunteering your time to make this PTO sponsored event a success.
To sign up, go to: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E084BA5AE2DAA8-2016/
Raffle Basket Donations - We are also collecting items for Raffle Baskets that will be rewarded during the Pirate Adventure on Tuesday evening... 6:00-7:30 pm.Click the following link to donate an item for the baskets!
Please join us for Donut Day, November 18th! See the flyer for more details about the event and links to sign up and volunteer!
Don’t forget to join in our sock drive by sending in new socks for kids. This year our socks will go to our sister school, S. Weir Mitchell, in West Philadelphia. Please send in socks by Friday, November 4th. For any questions, please contact Lisa Yackel, School Counselor, in the CFE Guidance Office. Thank you CFE families!
UHS Girls Basketball Clinic
When: November 12th from 9-12
Who: Girls grades 3-8
Click here for details
UHS Boys Basketball Clinic - December 3 at UHS - Click here for details
UCFSD COAT DRIVE
Switching clothes over for the fall/winter season? Please consider donating clean coats, hoodies, hats, mittens/gloves, snow pants and boots to the Annual UCFSD Coat Drive.All sizes & styles, infant through adult are needed – please spread the word.Donated items can be dropped off in the lobbies of any UCF district school, or the Landhope at 926 and Route 82 starting on October 17th and ending on Thursday, December 15th. Items should be clean and in good condition. New items and monetary donations are also gladly accepted. Collected items will be distributed in December to over 500 families in need in our area. Contact: email@example.com for information on how to donate gift cards or cash to the drive.
SPECIAL NEEDS ICE HOCKEY
Sundays from 4:40 - 5:40pm. FREE. Click HERE for more info.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS