Charger eNews - March 13, 2017
Well, it looks like winter will not go quietly! I included information below regarding school closing and delayed opening alerts.
As we prepare for the impending snow, I want to remind you that we have some big events coming up next week!
Spring...yes spring conferences are next week! If you have not registered for a conference, it's not too late! To register and choose a conference time, enter this link into your internet browser: https://www.ptcfast.com/schools/Chadds_Ford_Elementary_School.
Finally,our 68th Annual Art Show and Sale is next Friday, March 24th and Saturday, March 25th! Please come out to support this great annual tradition! HUGE THANKS to the PTO for all of their tremendous support in planning and preparing for this wonderful event!
Inclement Weather Information:
If UCFSD reports school closing information:
- School closing and delayed opening alerts are made via automated message to each parent registered in Power School. You should receive a voice message and text alert. Closing alerts will also be available on the school website and through news and social media outlets.
- If school is closed, based on the school board approved calendar, the next make-up dates are scheduled as follows: June 13, 14, 15, 16 (in order of make up).
If UCFSD reports a 2-hour delay:
• The school day begins at 10:55 am and dismisses at our regular time of 3:25 pm. The building will not be accessible before 10:40 am.
• We do not modify the day for any grade other than Kindergarten.
• The modified Kindergarten schedule for a 2-hour delay is as follows:
◦ AM Kindergarten: 10:55 am - 12:40 pm; PM Kindergarten: 1:40 pm - 3:25 pm.
• Recess, specials, and lunch schedules do not change.
• We do not "make up" late starts or early dismissals.
• Y-Care: If your family is registered with the before/after Y-Care program, they will be open at 9:30 am.
• Please be aware that our parking areas and sidewalks may not be completely cleared of snow until after 10:00 am.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact our main office at 610.388.1112.
Enjoy the snow! Safe travels everyone!
All the best,
Shawn Dutkiewicz, CFE Principal
PTO NEWS AND NOTES
Please help us by volunteering for the 68th annual Art Show! There are a lot of volunteer slots available for Friday March 24th and Saturday March 25th. Click here to volunteer!
Thank you and hope to see you at the April PTO meeting!
ART SHOW AND SALE - VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED!!!!
Hi CFES Families!
Our annual art show takes place in less than two weeks - on March 24 and 25... and we need YOUR help!!
We still need to fill more than half of the volunteer shifts... But we are encouraged by the fact that only 17% of the CFE families have volunteered so far! So, we still have 83% of our CFE families that can sign up for a 2 hour shift and staff our show. BE one of those families!!
Designate your child's homeroom teacher on the signup in order to help win a pizza party for your child's class!! The class with the highest volunteer shift to student ratio wins the party. Have more than one child? Sign up for multiple shifts! You will have fun working with fellow parents, and will help your school raise money for the many fantastic things the PTO provides.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER PERCENTAGES:
|CFES Alum - No HR Teacher||4|
Know high school students who need volunteer hours? Sign them up!
Student signup: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0844a5ac2ea7f58-cfes1
Thanks in advance for your help!
Art Show Kids Workshop
Calling all Kids
Come to the Art Room at CFES and create your very own Masterpiece.
SPRING ESSENTIALS FOR MITCHELL
Our spring collection drive supports basic but unmet needs at our sister school, Mitchell Elementary in southwest Philadelphia. As many of us have learned the hard way, flu season is here, and Mitchell has asked for our help in providing the following much-needed items for its student body and teachers:
- Tissue Boxes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Paper Towel Rolls
- Bookbags (always in short supply)
Mitchell serves a K-8 student body made up entirely of children from households below the poverty line, with many children struggling with permanent or transitional homelessness. The school has been incredibly appreciative of all of the support from CFES this year.
A box for donations will be in the CFE lobby through Friday, March 31st. Thank you Charger families!
UHS presents MARY POPPINS - March 16, 17, 18. Click here for more info.
GIRLS ON THE RUN
There are still spots on the Girls on the Run team this spring. Open to girls in grades 3-5. Click here for more information.
UTHON - UThon will take place on Saturday, March 25th, and elementary and middle school students and their parents are welcome from 3:30pm until 5:30pm. $5 per person is the cost for registration (all proceeds go directly to Four Diamonds). Donations are also appreciated.
UHS Girls Lacrosse Skills Clinic - March 19 - 1:30-3:30pm. Click here for details and registration information.
URA Baseball registration will run through mid- March. Games will begin in April, weather permitting.
URA Baseball, which is affiliated with Cal Ripken Baseball, is open to boys and girls in:
• Unionville Chadds Ford School District (UCFSD),
• Kennett Consolidated School District,
• Avon Grove School District,
• Parts of West Chester Area School District.
Our youth baseball program includes ages 5-12, and features multiple divisions geared toward the age and development of your child.
Please visit URAbaseball.com to register
Unionville-Chadds Ford School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Unionville-Chadds Ford School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe
SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation's leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.