Charger eNews - April 25, 2017
Hot off the press! CFE has a new Office Manager...but it will be a friendly face! As of Monday evening, Jeanine McCloskey was approved by the school board for hire as our new Office Manager. Our interview team believes that Jeanine has the right experience and the right personality to lead our office. Over the last few weeks, Jeanine has been working very hard to oversee both positions, but now she can finally transition into her new role. Jeanine's transition will create a vacancy with our front office/attendance secretary, and that position will soon be posted. Please join me in congratulating Jeanine in moving into her new role!
May is coming! May is coming! From parent training opportunities and our spring house to our 68th Annual May Fair, the month of May is a crazy busy month! Please mark you calendars for the many events coming your way!
Our annual Spring Open House is Wednesday, May 10th from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. Our Open House is a great opportunity to visit your child's classroom and see all of the great work they have been doing, peruse the CFE halls and take in all of the beautiful and creative art work, and visit our gymnasium to learn about some of our great S.T.E.M. initiatives.
We have PSSA testing this week. Our 3rd-5th grade students will be testing from Monday through Wednesday as part of the Mathematics portion of the PSSA. The PSSA is not restricted by time, but generally students take between 90-120 minutes each day. The adapted schedule has resulted in our first and second grade students having their special during the morning rather than the afternoon. So, our elementary world gets a bit turned upside down next week again!
Upcoming Parent Training Opportunities:
"When Your Kids Push Your Buttons – And What to Do About It"
Revolutionize the way you communicate with your children, and the way you think of discipline.
• What: FREE Parent Workshop with Author Bonnie Harris
• When: Thursday, April 27, 6:00 - 8:00PM
• Where: Stetson Middle School.
• Parenting expert and author Bonnie Harris will help you: Learn the 8 steps to defusing the conflict, learn how to manage sibling conflict, give your kids the help they need to be successful and get back to peace and cooperation, and uncover the hidden messages beneath your reactions and your child's responses
• Sponsored generously by Fulton Bank, and provided by the West Chester Area School District.
• Registration is required to assess attendance, but the session is FREE.
"GET READY FOR THE TEENAGE YEARS"
Learn how to prepare for the transition from Elementary School to Middle School. This hour long presentation will cover what a typical Unionville-Chadds Ford student's behavior looks like, risk and protective factors, and tips to positively impact your child during the transition.
• What: FREE Parent Workshop
• When: Monday, May 8, 2017 from 7:00 - 8:30PM (with time for questions)
• Where: Hillendale Elementary School - Auditorium, 1850 Hillendale Road, Chadds Ford, PA 19317
• Who: Parents, Caregivers, Teachers, School Administrators, Coaches, Community Members, etc.
• Presented by: Kathy Collier - Prevention Specialist, Chester County Department of Drug and Alcohol Services
• Details: Pennsylvania Area Youth Survey (PAYS) data specific to Unionville Chadds-Ford School District will be presented. PAYS data measures several different areas in regards to Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs, and Gambling use and access, risk and protective factors, antisocial behavior, social and emotional health, attitudes and perceptions, and school climate and safety. PAYS data serves as a phenomenal resource for parents and caregivers to gain insight into their child's life.
As always, thank you for your support!
Shawn Dutkiewicz, CFE Principal
PTO NEWS AND NOTES
Our last PTO meeting of the year is next week, Wednesday May 3rd at 9:15am. Here is the agenda (ATTACHED). We have a lot to cover!
One of our top agenda items will be to review and approving our new by-laws (ATTACHED). If you would like to review the draft bylaws, questions can be submitted to Kara Hyman or Dana Cellucci prior to the PTO meeting. We hope to review and approve these quickly at the meeting.
We will also be reviewing and approving new board members. If you would like to submit your name for a position on the ballot, please send your request to Dana Cellucci: email@example.com before Monday May 1st. The CFES PTO looks forward to working with new and fresh faces.
Lastly, we want to take this opportunity to remind our parents and staff to submit your PTO expenses by June 1st. This will ensure a timely reimbursement.
Mark your calendars! There will be a happy hour on Thursday May 25th 2017 at Brandywine Prime starting at 6:30pm. More information will be sent out as we get closer!
ORDER YOUR YEARBOOK!!!!
Yearbook registrations are available! Online purchases are available at: www.ybpay.lifetouch.com. Our yearbook ID code is: 11565017. You can also hand in purchases via school, forms came home yesterday!!
TEACHER APPRECIATION LUNCH
It's that time of year to thank all our teachers and staff at CFE! This year the luncheon will be May 5. Anyone interested in donating time, food or drinks for the teacher and staff appreciation luncheon please see the sign up below. Thanks much!
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Our last topic of the school year is coming soon!! Science Club will now meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Science Lab after school from 3:30 - 4:30 and is available to students in Grades 1-5...choose which day works best for you.
The last club topic of the school year is SUPER DUPER PRODUCT SLEUTHERS
CHADD'S ARTISTS - After School Arts and Crafts Club
Arts and Crafts club for students grades 1st - 5th.
$120 for 6 Monday classes beginning April 24th (3:30 - 4:30)
Click here FLYER
Patton Spring Carnival - Friday, May 5th - The Patton Carnival is next Friday on May 5th from 2:30-7pm! There will be games, tons
of prizes and lots of food! Don't forget the DJ, Photo booth and the Dunk Tank— silly
string is back again so don't miss out!
See you at the Patton PTO Carnival— its our biggest event of the year!!
Community Yard Sale - May 6, 2017 8am - 12pm - Unionville Elementary School Sponsored by the UCFSD Ed Foundation
Donate your household items, sports equipment, antiques, etc. See flyer for full list of items, drop off dates and event details
UHS Softball Team CAR WASH
- When: April 29th 10am - 2pm
- Where: UHS - Front of School
- See FLYER for more details
UHS Boys Lacrosse CAR WASH
- When: April 30th 11am - 3pm
- Where: Sunoco on Rt. 82 (across from Kennett Square Country Club)
- See FLYER for more details
LAST CALL FOR UNIONVILLE-CHADDS FORD COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIP DONATIONS
For over 50 years, the Unionville-Chadds Ford Community Scholarship Fund has provided scholarship aid to outstanding graduating seniors at Unionville High School.
The Community Scholarship is a grant of a stated amount of money collected annually from the school community by open solicitation. Its purpose is to award the worthy student who wishes to continue his/her education following graduation from Unionville High School. The grant is for the first year of post-secondary work only and will be applied toward college costs (i.e., tuition, room and board). As many grants will be made annually as the treasury of the Community Scholarship can support. Please consider contributing to the Unionville-Chadds Ford Community Scholarship Fund.
NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL!
You can have your student drop off the donation to the High School Office in an envelope marked UCF Community Scholarship. We accept cash, change or if you would like, a check made payable to UCF Community Scholarship Fund.
UCF Community Scholarship Fund
UHS c/o Carolyn Barr
750 Unionville Road
Kennett Square PA 19348
|3||PTO MEETING - 9:15AM|
|5||Teacher Appreciation Lunch|
|5||Patton Spring Carnival|
|10||Spring Open House - CFES|
Unionville-Chadds Ford School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Unionville-Chadds Ford School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe
SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation's leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.